CrossFit Palo Alto Liability Waiver (7493)
In consideration of being allowed to participate in any way in the program, related events and activities, I, the undersigned, acknowledge, appreciate and agree that:
1. The risk of injury from activities involved in this program are significant, including the potential for permanent paralysis and death.
2. I knowingly and freely assume all such risks, both known and unknown, even if rising from the negligence of the releasees or others, and assume full responsibility for my participation.
3. I willingly agree to comply with the terms and conditions for participation. If I observe any unusual significant hazard during my presence, or participation, I will remove myself from participation and bring such to the attention of the nearest official immediately.
4. I, for myself, and on behalf of my heirs, executors, administrators, personal representatives, successors and assigns, waive and release any and all rights, claims and courses of action I have or may have against CrossFit Palo Alto or anyone associated with the entity, it’s Primary Sponsor and it’s affiliates, their agents, employees, officers, directors, successors and assigns, the event management company, the City, The Parks Districts, and any and all sponsors, their representatives and successors, that may arise as a result of my participation in the event and any pre-and post-event activities.
5. I attest and verify that I am physically fit and have sufficiently trained for the completion of this program, related event and/or related activities, and a licensed medical doctor has verified my physical condition.
6. I hereby give my permission for images of myself and/or of my child, captured during regular and special activities, through video, camera and digital camera, to be used solely for the purposes of CrossFit Palo Alto or CrossFit Kids Palo Alto promotional material publications and website and waive any rights of compensation or ownership thereto.
AUTHORIZATION FOR AUTO DEBIT
I hereby authorize CFPA to deduct the monthly fees from my account on the first of each month and continuing until I terminate this agreement in accordance with the rules stated in this contract.
FREEZING AND CANCELING MEMBERSHIP
1. Written notification to change or cancel accounts MUST be given 10 days prior to the next auto debit from members account.
2. Once an auto debit has occurred, there will be no refund. Any cancelation will occur the following month.
3. Members will be billed month to month until they terminate membership.
4. There are no refunds on memberships.
5. At the conclusion of a month, the contract will auto-renew under the same terms unless directed to otherwise with 10 days notice before the end of the month.
6. Per California law, a member may cancel their contract within 72 hours of signing a contract.
I have read this release of liability and assumption of risk agreement, fully understand its terms, understand that I have given up rights by signing it, and sign it freely and voluntarily without any inducement. I also verify that I am 18+ years of age.